Cosmetic Dentistry in Woodbridge, VA
What Is Cosmetic Dentistry
Any treatment that is performed to improve the look of your teeth falls under the category of cosmetic dentistry. Dental professionals have been administering cosmetic procedures for decades, and in ancient times people used shells, stones and animal bones to create makeshift dental restorations. Today, cosmetic dentistry is a $2.75 billion industry.
A smile makeover goes beyond simply responding to dental problems as they arise. It's a comprehensive smile-rejuvenation plan that's uniquely suited to your own facial features and aesthetic preferences. The results can be quite dramatic — both in terms of how your will look and how you will feel. These are the major steps involved:
Take a look. The makeover process is all about giving you the smile of your dreams. So take a good look at your smile and note what you like and don't like about it. Some questions you can ask yourself are:
- Are your teeth as white as you'd like them to be?
- Are any teeth chipped, cracked or worn?
- Does your smile have a gummy appearance?
- Do your teeth seem too large or small?
- Do you like the alignment and spacing of your teeth
- Are you self-conscious about crookedness or gaps?
Top Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments
Though patients most often go to the dentist’s office because there’s an urgent problem, some go specifically for a cosmetic solution. Here are some of the top cosmetic dentistry treatments used in dental offices across the country:
- Braces and Orthodontics
- Crowns and Veneers
- Porcelain Inlays, Onlays and Tooth-colored fillings
- Cosmetic Bonding and Contouring
- Dental Implants
- Professional Whitening
- Therapy for a “gummy smile,” which is a disproportionate amount of gum tissue and too-small teeth.
You can request these treatments and more at Mapledale Family Dentistry, PC.
Interested in learning more about our Cosmetic dentistry?
Then call Mapledale Family Dentistry today at (703) 580-9900 for more information or to book an appointment!